Saturday, August 27, 2005

Rock my World!!

Imagine a very quiet Friday night, sitting on the bed, relaxed and perched in happiness for the bestseller in your hand. You touch the smooth cover, slip your fingers around the edges, your eyes watching the art anxiously. With a soft gesture you flip to the first page, skipping the introduction (that most people never read ), and onto the real deal. The author who spent almost a year writing is back home anxious for reviews, like a father waiting for his son's results. All for you to have this magical moment, the moment you first fall in love with his precious baby. The letters are elegant and curvy, like an aristocrat woman, the pages are made from a tree you never met, and probably you'll rock her world if you ever met her, let's just say that couldn't thank you more. Hint: buy the recycled editions. Nonetheless, you're in the mood, ready and ecstatic. The first sentence pushes the surge of "this is totally worth it" feeling. And then.. the unexpected happens (doesn't it always).

BANG BANG BANG - Let me rock your world baby.. let me shatter the very few moments of peace you have. Let me ruin your friday and almost everyday if you're living near families with loads of sons to marry. What am I talking about? Oh.. don't play "Clueless" with me...I loved the series way more than the movie.. but..

Fireworks! Fireworks.. viva la fireworks!! As in let's fix that rocket into the ground (with no instruction manual whatsoever), even if it hits the neighbors roof, what the hell... we're expressing our happiness, no harm.. no pain.. and no gain...

What gain? What do you exactly gain by waking every single child in the neighborhood every 2 hours with fireworks! First it was the rifles and machine guns, (gladly, we didn't reach the bazooka stage). Until, fireworks were made accessible to the public. And the general public met their newest toy available, way after the pokemon and Cassandara skirts rush!

It became a nightly ritual for me, whether it's a wedding in The Palm Village (which obviously has no palms), or it's a celebration for a dude who passed with a 56 average or if it's simply kids playing!!

Why am i so disturbed? Well, for starters I don't like the fact the Amman's sky is screaming "World War III", and i don't like waking at 1 am because someone decided he's too happy to sleep. You're too happy to sleep, put on some headphones along with "La Tortura" or whatever is hip today... and dance yourself into oblivion or sleep that is.

I mean, Enough is Enough! This epidemic is becoming way out of control... you think me and my book should go to hell fine. I mean seriously fine, think of me as the dumb neighbor and as they say it 5odni 3ala gad 3aglati. Show a pinch of altruism that our religions always preached.. rather than shower the girls walking in the streets with catcalls of "Allah yehdiki!

11 Comments:

Blogger Roba said...

Hehe, someone's pissed :P
Anyway, I really enjoy the way you right :)
I totally loved the description of reading... ahhh nothing beats a good book!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Roba said...

write..

5:32 AM  
Blogger Jim Naka said...

Help! I am lost. I was searching for toy cell phone and somehow ended up here. How that happened I don't know, however I do like your Blog a lot. Would you mind if I add your Blog to my favorites page so others can visit?

11:24 AM  
Blogger Infactahost.com said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a hit click track site/blog. It pretty much covers hit click track related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog about high definition dvd players. I also have a Blog/Website about high definition dvd players which is why I enjoyed this blog so much. Keep up the excellent work! Check out my site if you have a moment.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Infactahost.com said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a bbb online web site traffic site/blog. It pretty much covers bbb online web site traffic related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same experiance this last summer it was horrid!!!!! the idiots! no wonder i call this country and idiocracy...and im not joking it sure is one!

am p.o.ed at this country at the mo...


kloude

5:25 AM  
Anonymous upcoming playstation 2 game releases said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a upcoming playstation 2 game releases site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Greetings.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous upland game dog said...

I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my upland game dog site.
Have a good day!

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/john-mayer.html#1]john mayer[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/carrie-underwood.html#2]carrie underwood[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/robin-thicke.html#3]robin thicke[/url]
john mayer
carrie underwood
robin thicke

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/john-mayer.html#1]john mayer[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/carrie-underwood.html#2]carrie underwood[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/robin-thicke.html#3]robin thicke[/url]
john mayer
carrie underwood
robin thicke

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home