Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Hola, Salut, Hello, Ciao, Marhaba..

For those guessing that i picked a Modern Languages Major.. this is your lucky day.... because... *tadaaa*
I picked an English Literature & Language major, how did i make up my mind. Well, i imagined myself tired.. and sleepy, stuck in the traffic, having a bad hair day and barely ate breakfast. And then, I thought... what major would you head on to on such a day, and still believe it's totally worth it.
The contestants of course were:

  • Journalism
  • English Translation
  • English And Spanish
  • English And Italian
  • French Language and Literature

So i pondered, and came up with the ultimate test: The Peer Pressure/Society Pressure test.
Am sure you're not familiar with this test, since i've invented it a couple of years ago, but the common name for such a test is "Follow your heart."

Everyone was like: take English Translation... and you know all the jazz. And i said, maybe they're right...and I went there to the Mowazi Registration Office in the Jordanian University (I’ll get back to that later on). And my father absolutely had no idea that I actually didn't make up my mind about my Major. And as i was filling the application, the test came... I held my pen to write: English Language and Translation, and something stopped me. And the voice in my head said: come on why not, everyone seems to think it's good.

And i ended up writing English Literature and Language. I am never confused with my decision making actually, which baffles a lot of people, I just pick either one... and i know my heart in the right time will tell me what to do. A lot may say, this is stupid, but really true... my heart always seems to lead my decision making. The heart orders and the mind later on makes his best in that decision...

So... you're thinking: "Whoaa, Amino is super zealous today, with all the positive energy."

Hold that emotion for a nanosecond, because am about to spill the beans.

So because GCE students are shoved with the Internationals means that we should pay our fees in Dollars? I mean, we could easily pay the equivalent by Dinars. But noo, we have to take the sum in Jordanian Dinars, exchange them for dollars, and then give them to the bank on campus, and then the bank would transfer the sum back into dinars. Anyone spotting a flaw here? I am a Jordanian citizen, and the fact that I am in the Mowazi doesn't mean i should be treated like an International.

So I am a semi-official UJ student (With an easy number), unless i fail to get my equivalency before 1/9. How does it feel? Well, it feels great that am in the uni, not because it's the UJ. More like, it feels great to be a Uni student.

Okay, a petit confession, my happiness was focused on the fact that the Uni has a Track & Field team, cause many unis don't. I don't know if my dad actually saw me drool, when i saw the running track encircling the turf of the soccer pitch. Sports always played an integral part of my life, especially Track... the thought of running 7 laps in the sun (that's 2.8 km) makes my heart jump. The surge of adrenaline when you run, the euphoria, and sweat of achievement... they are just more than enough to brighten up my day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Ammar Ibrahim said...

Hahaha, UJ, welcome mate ;) By the way Spanish is really cool. I suggest you do some courses in Spanish.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Amino said...

Ahoy Matey!! Hehe... imagine that i didn't pick my courses, they just signed me up for 18 hours (they say there is a package). Why do i sense a "maglab"

11:21 PM  
Blogger nasimjo© said...

All the Best for U amino ,,, Happy for You,,

U diserve double majoring even, or tiple!
Aim High coz you can do it...

about The Divinci Code, Yeah it was officially banned when it was out here in Jordan,upon the request of the Catholics here in Jordan.

But of course it was making in it in some stores (excluding Prime & Aramex of course "Mass Marketing") ... its a free country after all with a fully free market,nothing is banned in the Jordanian Market,, nope not even playboy if u know where to look for it :)) hehe ...

anyway ,,, U GO GIRL .. all the best of luck!

6:18 AM  
Anonymous ammar said...

It is apparent that your command of the English Language and you writing skills are superior. I think you are already over qualified for English Language Major at JU, It will be a piece of cake and maybe boring. I am way older that you, i finished GCE as well,, at that time, the JU did not seem to be in need for money and I such GCE'ers were banned to attend the JU. I went to the States and got me a decent Engineering degree, Paradoxically, i pursued MS degree at the college of Engineering at JU. Still at the moment when i finished MS, GCE holders were not allowed to enroll. Fa, you do not necessarily have to make sense of the regulations. It boils down to getting around things just to make more money.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home