Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Human Layers...

“Dear Angie”,
Those were the very first words in each diary entry of my journal for the past five years. Do you believe in guardian angels? Do you believe that somewhere in this vast universe there is a soul looking after you, making sure you’ll never give up? I once had this dream that am running away, no am lying; I’ve had this dream for as long as I can remember. I always thought Angie gave me this dream, trying to deliver a ciphered goal that I may never understand. My guardian angel is two not one, and sometimes even many – schizophrenia is the likely term – but I couldn’t care more or less. People are made of complex layers, each layer functioning to serve the other, until one day one layer detaches itself – like a baby barging from his mom’s womb. It comes to light and grows and grows until all the people see is that layer, that image, and that label.

“Do you know Emily?”

“The annoying ?”

“Do you know Amino?”

“The Book Worm?”

These are critical elements of our daily conversations – labels. Our greedy layer who decided to emerge from between the herd defines us whether we like it or not. And although there are so many layers within, so many diverse and amazing traits hidden, we play by the rules of that layer. Everything’s proportional whether we like it or not, and the more we fight our label and layer the more it grows stronger. But i tell you one thing, wake up each day and insist that "The Greedy Layer" won't define you. Fight even if it grows stronger, fight even if you don't suceed, because there is so much in you that needs to be shown to this world- there is so much in you that i wish to see. Humans are complex beings my friend, stop babbling about living a simple life – such does not exist.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

Very dreadfully true. I, myself, am seen as an extrovert. However, I think that I suppress the introverted side. At times, it emerges and people think I'm being rude--when in reality it's my artist side emerging, trying to create art, writings, etc. and separate myself from myself and those around me.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Amino said...

Hey Steve, both sides are in us, and yes people may think we're rude, because they don't understand that each has the two sides emerging in different times.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home